Friday, January 16, 2009

Yummy yummy veggies!

My first post was for two days ago, this one is for today and yesterday. I had yesterday off, and it was very eventful. Thursday night (I am 15 hours ahead of y’all, so sorry about the day confusion) I hung out with my friend Ryan at the boat shacks, and he made steak and veggies. I had half a steak and a bunch of peppers, onions, mushrooms, and asparagus that were roasted on the grill with butter, salt and pepper. It was so delicious; I made the exact same thing for myself the next night! I had a spicy sausage with no bun, six bites of steak (it was well done and I couldn’t eat it), and made the same veggies for us, but I used light butter and salt and pepper. It was sooooo good, but I also had three light beers with it… Yesterday’s breakfast was not so good; I woke up too late to get to the chow hall and the only thing I had in my room was peanut butter and jelly and hamburger buns, so I had a peanut butter and jelly hamburger…! Lunch was good; they served turkey with gravy and sage stuffing. I had small amounts of each, but then threw in a piece of banana crème pie (they hardly ever have pie, so I have to indulge!). I also had a small salad with bleu cheese dressing. Then in the afternoon I went fishing for an hour and a half, and then had softball practice for a little over an hour. So at least I wasn’t just sitting on my butt! Today's weight was the same 155 I had weighed since I got here, so at least I am not gaining! Today I had my usual oatmeal and java, and the lunch menu is not very enticing; mushroom swiss burger, broiled pork chops, and potatoes romanoff. It might be a turkey roll-up kind of day. Tonight I am going to the mobile kitchen; they set up nice tables right on the beach, free beer and wine, and they serve you dinner like you are in a real restaurant. It cost $40 but it is seafood night so it will be super delicious. They always serve more food than you can eat so I never eat the rice or whatever filler they give you. It should be delicious. Tomorrow is beach day, and hopefully I get to go wakeboarding for a little exercise. Happy weekend everyone! I will be back in a couple days.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenna! Welcome to Operation Bikini! We are glad you are here!

    ReplyDelete