Sunday, January 25, 2009

This one's a keeper!

The recipe for Sausage and Spinach Soup is a keeper! It is also fast and easy. Have I mentioned how fabulous Cooking Light is?

The Arnold Sandwich Thins are good too. Visit the website for official information. I put it in the toaster just like you would an English muffin. It made a great lunchtime sandwich with my Boca Burger. I think you could also make little pizzas with them in the toaster oven. Good stuff.

Have you ever tried Boca products? They are fantastic. When I was losing my weight on WW, I ate Boca burgers for dinner almost every night. If you try them, don't expect them to taste like meat. Just think of them as an alternative to meat. I love to eat them on a 1 point bun (like Merita Lite or Sunbeam Lite or now the new Arnold Sandwich Thins) with a slice of 2% cheese (also 1 point) and a big handful of fresh spinach. I have never been a mayo, mustard, or ketchup kind of girl, so I eat it without condiments. Many of their patties are 1 point, so you can have a great, filling, and healthy sandwich for 3 points. Sometimes I add some sliced avocado if I have it on hand, which adds a point. I probably eat the Original Vegan one the most.

That's it for tonight! Hope everyone had a great weekend! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Leigh,
    I checked the recipe and it sounds delish! :> Where do I get cannellinni beans - are they canned or dried?

    I'll try this one :>
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannellini beans are white kidney beans, and you can get them dried or canned. It is easier to find canned, and that's what I used in this recipe. You could substitute a can of any white beans or red kidney beans if you can't find cannellinis. I'm making another recipe witn cannellinis at this very moment! Beans are so yummy and so good for you.

    ReplyDelete