Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A setback. . .or is it?

I am Very Tired tonight. One of my jobs is to print my school's report cards, and today was the day. It is always a little stressful because everyone is depending on me to get it done, yet I always have to chase down a couple people for things like grade corrections. This afternoon, I spied a little container of Hershey's Kisses that someone gave me for Christmas. There were 3 left, and I ate one. Then I ate one more. Then I ate the last one. Would I have kept going had there been more? Probably, but that wasn't an option. And, they took the edge off the report card stress. Now back in the day, I would have seen eating chocolate as totally blowing it for the day and used that as an excuse to eat until I was about to explode. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? Well, I'm now home and about to eat dinner, and I'm not even thinking about excuses - I'm eating my same old egg sandwich and a salad for dinner. I'm calling this one a victory because I didn't get off track. And now I know I am strong enough to have a small treat and not let it derail my plans. Woo hoo!

I'm eating my last English muffin in the pack tonight, and I don't want to buy more as I'm going out of town this weekend. What will I eat for dinner tomorrow? I bet you can't wait to find out!

See that comments link down there? Talk to me, baby! Let me know you're out there!

XOXOX

2 comments:

  1. Praise yourself - Yipee!!!!
    You did awesome!
    Here's one for you. Today I was filling out my food sheet and happened to look up the calories in almonds (read my blog for info on that.) and discovered that I have probably been consuming about 800 CAL A DAY (yes, I AM screaming!) extra through eating almonds! I felt like an idiot...duh! why am I not losing any weight?! I hang my head in shame...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on eating only 3 hershey kisses! I had 3 york peppermint patties today ..they were so yummy!! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete