Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Response to Leah's questions...

I started to make this a comment on Leah's post, but I wanted to make sure each of you saw this - even you lurkers! :> - so I'm making a new post...
OK, you know by now I can be blunt so here goes. ..My first response to the questions Leah was asked was "That bee-atch!" Those questions almost sound catty to me - the green-eyed monster rears its head! To question you instead of congratulating you on getting support really pissed me off...Then I calmed down and thought about it...Deep breath...Count to ten...OK, I'm sane now :>

I know we talk about weight but we also talk about the insanity that goes w/ it. It feels like we are SO much more than a weight group. Weight Watchers meetings never worked for me - all that cheerleader crap for people I don't know and know nothing about! Yuk! (Picture me rolling my eyes...) Here, we talk about healthy lifestyles, exercise, food choices, recipes, and the mental games (or in my case, out right craziness) we put ourselves through.

Most of all we support each other in ALL our endeavors (Marie, where are you? :>)

I want you to know that each day (except for Mon which will NOT happen again) I come on here and feel like I can pour out what's going on and show the real me. In my job, my role is one of support. I'm expected to be the support, the rock, for others. When people come to me it's for answers and help. (This is no shit! - People who don't really know me say that I seem so proper and official all the time!) No one else has my job at my workplace and I often feel isolated and alone. I often feel like I don't fit in with any particular group and like there is no one to have my back when things get tough. But then I come here...And even though you might not think like me or I may even scare the shit out of you (Shockingly, I have been told I can be scary! :>) you try to understand and support me...

And THAT'S what it's all about ladies...we are here for each other... Whether it's 5 lbs, 150 lbs or that pinch around an inch!

A little known fact is that 25-30 years ago I programmed computers for the stock market (Thank God! I don't have THAT job anymore!) It was mostly a male environment - a "boy's club" if you will. I quit and stayed home to raise children. Then in my 2nd career, I entered education - a mostly female occupation. What I saw was women who would undermine and cut each other in their attempts to climb. They were often sneaky or false - often appearing other than what they really were. The men in my previous field never did that - if they didn't like you, you knew it. Now my normally "out there" self felt like I was ambushed on a regular basis. I learned to protect myself...A perfect example? As I've shared, I changed jobs 2 years ago. I STILL have people who will stop converations when I enter a room because I'm not "trusted" yet!

Then Marie started Operation Bikini. I go through the craziness of each of my days. And yet, no matter what has happened that day, I can come here and receive support and encouragement from you, my fellow OP2009'ers, in my quest to be a healthier/better person! And all those people who question why I'm a part of this blog?.......OK, cover your ears if you are sensitive...

I say, "Fuck 'em and feed 'em beans!" (My grandafather's favorite saying - maybe that's where I get it? :>) Without you I wouldn't be able to make it through this difficult journey :>
Damn! I feel better - Thanks!

BTW, I did NOT weigh myself today! :> (I down; 6 to go...I can do it!)

1 comment:

  1. Amen sista! I am right there with you. Honestly, it's no one's business why we are on OB. We all have our own stuff, and being on here is a great way to work through it all!

    ReplyDelete