Thursday, January 8, 2009

I can have my cake..and eat it too..

Ok..so the positive. I ate my 5 points this morning (the usual). For lunch I had my leftover chicken and rice for 4 points and a salad for 0 points.
Snack: carrots! (o points)

So.. I got home from work and immediately started making dinner. I had 4 oz of chicken leftover from last night so I threw it in a baking dish with some frozen mixed veggies and a can of the fat free cream of chicken soup ( I added a little bit of water to make a better mix). Then I used the Heart Healthy Biquick - 1 cup with 1/2 cup skim milk and 1/4 water to make a liquidy biscuit like topping. Threw it in the oven....and then my husband calls to say we have a birthday dinner at his mom's house. I was strong enough to finish cooking my healthy pot pie (instead of the bbq pork with brunswick stew, chips, bbq beans and coleslaw and that yummy garlic bread). I ate my 4 points in pot pie and then came the oh so yummy birthday cake. I thought "what the hell" I have ten points left for the day, I might as well have a sliver. Now when I say sliver, I seriously mean it was like maybe 3 bites worth of cake, weighing in at less than half an ounce. I counted it as my 10 points because to be honest I have no idea how many points it is. I did look on Dottis website (check out her site, it is AWESOME for weight loss http://www.dwlz.com/) just now and 3oz of store bought cake with icing is 7 points..so I guess I should not be so worried about that tiny bit that I had. Guilt, actually hasn't sunk in, it tasted so good and although I gave into temptation, I controlled my portion. Yay for me.

I got on the wii fit again tonight. I am down 1.3 pounds from yesterday!!! Yipppee! Total now: 4.1 pounds. I know I shouldnt get on that thing every night to do a body test, but I just can't tell it no when it asks me if I'd like to take a body test, I just have to see if what I am doing is working. Tonight I unlocked the boxing, it kicked my ass up and down. I loved it though because it was almost like being back in my kickboxing class. Then I did the Yoga pose "Plank" for 60 seconds, I thought I was going to fall out - pouring sweat. In addition I did my step class on there and a few other strength training (jack knives, leg lifts, etc.). Again I only do a total of 30 minutes. Maybe next week I will push it to 45 a night (but finding the time with a 4 year old little boy is tough!!!).

Have a great night! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. OK, I need the complete "Marie's Pot Pie" recipe - temp, how long, etc. That sounds awesome and like something my gym-rat hubby would eat. (Feel sorry for me! - I'm married to a gym rat and have to battle my own weight. God does have a sense of humor!)

    I agree - you did awesome tonight :> Don't you dare beat yourself up about that cake! If we are going to live any kind of life we have to learn moderation. It sounds like you did exactly that. I am SO proud of you!

    I'd like to see that yoga pose "plank" and see if I can do that one...sounds intriging. I took tai chi classes when I was in China a couple of years ago and you'd be amazed at the muscle control and discipline it took. I hear there are yoga classes near me. Might check that out...hmmm...

    Congrats on the weight loss! That is amazing! An average loss is 2 lbs/week. You have doubled that in little more than a 1/2 week! If you manage to exercise 30 minutes a night w/ a 4-yr-old, you deserve an award! You have become my idol! My kids are grown and the hubby is at the gym until 6 most nights. Did I exercise tonight? Nope! I did post though instead of eating...Isn't it amazing how we each have our different battles...?

    Have wonderfully successful day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete