Thursday, January 8, 2009

12 Foods That FIGHT Fat

This article came from Women's Health and Prevention Magazine as well as the same list was read aloud at one of my WW meetings last year and the same foods continously pop up when I look up "foods that fight fat". REMEMBER these foods are VERY important but must be eaten in moderation (as in check the serving size and eat just that).

1. Almonds (A high-fat food that's good for your health. They are high in monounsaturated fats, the same type of health-promoting fats as are found in olive oil, which have been associated with reduced risk of heart disease).

2. Beans/Lagoons (lower cholestrol and high fiber)

3. Spinach and other Green Vegetables

4. Dairy - fat free or low fat (cheese, yogurt, milk)

5. Instant Oatmeal (unflavored, unsweetened or low sugar)

6. Eggs

7. Turkey and other lean means (93% lean or more)

8. Peanut Butter

9. Olive Oil

10. Whole Gran Breads and Cereals (fiber fills you up!!)

11. Extra Protein (whey powder)

12. Berries - strawberries, blueberries, etc..

1 comment:

  1. These are all great foods, but you are SO right - moderation is the key. (That damn word moderation keeps coming up!)When I read an article similar to that a few months ago, I started eating almonds EVERY day. (They also have a lot of protien which I need.)Earlier this week I realized I was eating 1-2 cups of almonds a day...That is 500-800 cal/DAY - yes, I did say per day - extra in almonds! I've had to "cold turkey" the almonds!

    I think for me the hardest to get are the fruits and veggies, beans, and dairy...I rarely get the 5 helpings of fruits and veggies/ day I'm supposed to. (Sounds like a new goal :>) You know, sometimes I remind myself of the the labrador retriever w/ a tennis ball. That poor dog is obsessed with your throwing that damn ball just so he can chase it. In fact, he'll chase it until he literally drops...I need to learn to be easier and patient with myself...

    ReplyDelete