Thursday, January 8, 2009

challenges turned to success!

I'm in day 4. I weighed myself Mon morning (of course, I did you silly goose :>) and according to my scale this AM I've lost, but I'm really afraid to state a weight loss for a couple of reasons. First, I know my body is not consistent. If I start getting hung up on a number, I'll be disappointed when my body decides on its own what it's going to do. (This could very easily be that it's not going to lose 1 damn ounce for an entrie week!) The other reason is because my weight fluctuates as much as 5 lbs in a day. I though that would change when I went through menopause (another by-product for me of gastric bypass.) but it did not. If I focus on my behavior goals for awhile instead maybe I'll develop the fortitute to handle the scale issues.

So, I had a couple of challenges/ successes today.
If you've ever had a small pet rodent (hamster, gerbil, ginuea pig) you know that when you toss a paper towel or TP roll into their cage they gnaw on it franticly until it's gone. I occasionally get that munch, munch, munch frenzy myself. I don't know if it's excess engergy or the need to relive stress. Usually when it happens I start consuming EVERY munchy crunchy thing I can find. Today though I went to friend and told her what I was needing. She came up w/a great idea. She keeps dry cereal on hand, so she gave me a handful and it did the trick! :> I came home and checked out the Cheerios box (I do love me some Cherrios!) and they only have 25 cal in 1/4c. I'm going to make a couple of snack bags of them and take them to work to have on hand.

Also, Thurs is cookie day at my work. I have no idea how many calories these cookies have and I don't want to know...They start baking them about 9 am and the smell wafts through the halls. I want to get the vat of cookie dough and roll in it until I'm covered! (That visual just now was scary as hell...) Anway, I did awesome until about 2 pm when I HAD to go into the mailroom to submit some things. (I forgot to mention that that is where they keep these deadly cookies.) I walked in and who do I see writing in there but Leigh! Thanks girl! You have no idea, but you saved my ass (literaly!) today! Thank you! :>

Nothing tastes as good as living healthy feels.
Anne

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so proud of you for all you accomplished today. I know EXACTLY what you mean by that munch munch munch feeling. Cheerios are such a good idea! And be strong with that scale. As you've heard I weigh myself a lot, and the scale and I have a love/hate relationship. Why does that number have to make or break our whole day?

    I can't believe I saved your ass in the mailroom. I hardly ever eat those cookies (though when I do, it is not just one) - they are good but they aren't great. I think when I eat them I just eat more and more hoping for that outstanding chocolate chip cookie experience, and I never get it from those particular cookies.

    Also, your motivational emails helped me - I never ate that Kit-Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing your stories Anne! They make me giggle! I am sooo glad Leigh was there to save you from those yummy cookies, she helped me today too because I wanted one sooo bad. I would also love to be covered in the dough.. yum yum yum. However Leigh wasn't there to save me tonight from birthday cake.. my few ounces..read my blog to see what I mean.

    I love cheerios too.. I also pack lots of carrots in my lunch.. I think the chewing of them ware me out that I just eat a few then I feel fine (not to mention that I burp them all day as well - ha ha). It also kinda satisfies that munch munch need (I love how you compared that to a hampster and the tp roll..so accurate).

    ReplyDelete