Monday, January 26, 2009

helloooooooooo.....

anyone out there?
I'm glad to see you back Leigh. No one had posted since I made my last post until you showed up this weekend...I'm not feeling the love...If I scared people off with my rant, I AM sorry! :>

I'm glad you shared that about weighing. All I have ever heard is to only weigh once a week.
I, too, feel like I need to monitor my weight every couple of days so I can adjust accordingly...as you said, the key for me is to not make that # the determiner of my value for the day. My weight can literally change 5 lbs in one day...what if the one day a week I weigh myself is the day it spikes those 5 lbs?!

I'm feeling a bit bad about my actions since last week.
Leigh2 and I went out for sushi and a glass of wine on Thurs. I was afraid we had totally blown it, but when I went online and checked the cals in both I found it wasn't too bad. The next day I made sure to keep my intake moderate.

I was doing well until Sat night. I went bonkers and had all kinds of those snacky party foods, beer, wine, and rum...oh the shame of it all!! (I also felt pretty crappy the next day!) Looking back I think what happened was that I had a rather stressful week and worked hard all day Sat., then when it came time to reward myself I went out of control. I need to come up with a list of ways to reward myself that don't involve calorie intake...I'll have to think on that one...

Then, of course, I did that crazy thinking where I say, "I've blown it, so I might as well go ahead and blow it big!" Sunday was not good. I am REALLY nervous about weighing myself tomorrow morning...I may have gained back the three pounds it took me 2 weeks to lose...sigh...

I'll try to come back later and let you know how it went...

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you scared anyone! I think we are just through the honeymoon period of OB and now our busy lives are taking over. I don't have time to fully comment on your post, but I will soon!

    XOXOX

    ReplyDelete