Monday, January 12, 2009

Introducing Leigh2...

Hey everyone...I know, I know. I am a little late with starting my blogs. The important thing right now is that I am finally here! This is going to help so much. I am normally not very open about my weight gain/loss history, but this forum helps me get it all out there.

Hmmm...let's see. Where do I begin? For most of my life, I have always been fit. I was never a skinny girl, but I would say I had a nice, fit body. I guess my weigh gain history began about 9 years ago. In fact, I know it was Dec. 4, 1999- the day my dad passed away. That by far was the most difficult thing I have had to deal with in my 37 years so far. I suppose, no, I know I still deal with that each day, and over the course of 9 years, I gained about 10 pounds per year. Yes-that's what I said. You do the math. Currently, I am 90 pounds overweight. Easy to put on, hard to take off. Many people may not realize that I am extremely insecure, and that has to do a lot with the way I look. I know I am smart and good at what I do, but the outer appearance always messes with me...I hate it!

I have to admit that I like to be in control of things. I wouldn't say I am overly obsessive about it, but I work hard to be organized in just about every aspect of my life...except my weight. I'm completely out of control in that area. I've tried many things on this journey- low carb, WW, Alli (don't recommend unless you want to wear a diaper), green tea supplements, etc. This time, I finally feel like I am going to be successful.

I achieved two of my goals for this week- each day I stayed within 1200-1500 daily calories. I also wrote down everything I ate in a journal I am keeping now. The exercise goal- not there yet. I did order a Pilates machine from QVC (oh yeah, the Q baby!). I finally figured out how to assemble the whole thing, and did my first set of exercises last night. I am a little sore this morning, but that's a good thing. My goal is to do that at least 3 times a week. I also would like to walk around the neighborhood a couple of days a week with the hubs and my two beagles.

Anyway, I know this is very long, but like Anne, I had to get it out. I feel much better now! I look forward to sharing more with you all on this journey. Talk to you later!

2 comments:

  1. I just posted a comment for you on your other blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear your story. I am glad you are here! I like all the different things you tried. I don't know HOW you did a low carb diet. I'd die without carbs..its my comfort, thats why I choose to do WW cause I can have my carbs. I tried Alli once but it didnt do anything, no diaper no nothing!

    Congrats on your calorie watch! That is fantastic! Yay for QVC, MY MIL loves QVC and she gets some of the coolest things ever. I got a pilates set for Christmas and have yet to open it. I would like to hear an update on how that works out for you!

    Welcome!!!

    ReplyDelete