Sunday, January 11, 2009

True Confessions of A Visit to Mom's

Hi ladies! (And any guys lurking out there)

I am back from my weekend at Mom's - and I won't lie to you - I did not make the best food choices. Let me confess to what I ate:
  • Friday dinner at Zaxby's - grilled cheese with fries
  • Saturday brunch at Panera - egg and cheese sandwich and 1/3 bear claw (which was ginormous by the way)
  • Saturday lunch at Chick-fil-A - grilled chicken sandwich (no mayo) and a few (4-5?) fries
  • Saturday night prepping for dinner - some peanuts and pub cheese on crackers
  • Saturday dinner - grilled pork tenderloin, roasted new potatoes, roasted asparagus, slice of caramel cake
  • Sunday breakfast - English muffin, scrambled eggs, 2 slices bacon, slice of caramel cake
  • Sunday lunch - PB&J, pretzels, slice of caramel cake

Have I ever mentioned that I love cake? Now I'm back home, and I won't lie to you - we will probably eat Mexican tonight. But, at the same time, I feel better now that I've shared my transgressions with you. So did I fail this weekend? Well, I'm going to say no, because......I didn't drink any alcohol! And I also didn't eat until I was stuffed. But, I won't call this weekend an victory either. We'll see what Mr. Scale says tomorrow.

Anyway, I've got my lunch all set for tomorrow. I've made Hungry Girl's Fettuccine Hungry Girlfredo. I added some broccoli and some Boca meatless burger crumbles, and I used a whole wedge of Laughing Cow cheese and real parmesan. I'll let you know how it is. I can't wait to try it! And you simply must check out Hungry Girl's website!

I also must confess that I didn't make 2 visits to the gym last week - just one. But it's a new week, and it should be a calmer one at work. I think I can make it twice this one!

I'm glad to be back in town and catch up with everyone. It sounds like we have some serious success stories out there. Way to go, everyone! Still haven't posted yet? We'd love to hear how you are doing!

XOXOX

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend w/ your mom. MMMMMMMM! Caramel cake - my grandma used to make the best caramel cake EVER! I always asked for that for my b'day - not the reg type b'day cake...You'd have to be superhuman to resist caramel cake!
    It seems like, like me, you love carbs...Was Mr. Scale kind this morning? I agree. You didn't do too bad. You even limited yourself to 4-5 fries instead of the whole baggie. Good job! :>

    ReplyDelete