Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Where do I begin?

I feel like I'm so far behind...
The weekend was FABULOUS!!!!!
I laughed SO hard w/ my girlfriends, managed to read a couple of magazines ( O and People) and worked on my book club book. I had not seen the condo we rented in person, only online. My God! It was amazing - the one next door was for sale at a "discounted" price of 1.4 MILLION! Yep! That's what I said :> I slept in a king size bed alone, bathed in a shower so large it had 2 separate shower heads, the wine fridge (yep, separate frdige just for wine) had settings for either red or white, surround sound throughout the condo, 52" TV (never did figure out how to work that damn thing), sat on the penthouse deck and watched the sunset, soaked in the heated pool and jaccuzi...
More importantly, I laughed with my girlfriends, took walks on the beach, basked in the 70 degree heat, drank WAY too much, shared hopes and dreams, ate more than I intended (but wasn't crazy), and got to see my youngest son, his girl, and met her parents (pu-leez don't get me started there!)
My only regret? I had to come back Monday evening, dammit!

Managed to stick to my goal of only weighing once a week...after all I did Between Fri and Mon evenings I had only gained 3/4 of a lb. on Tues morning. Yes, it would have been nice to have maintained or lost, but what I gained in rejuvenation was worth it all! Damn I had a good time! :>

I have been back now for 2 days - back to the rushed multi-tasking where getting time for me takes planning and juggling. Whatever is thrown at me though I now feel like I can handle.

You know I love my hubby and my boys, but it is my girlfriends who get me through.
We laugh in the good times, we bond thorugh the bizarre times (and these can get rather bizarre), share memories, worries, hope and dreams (and often a bottle of wine). And I know that no matter what I'm going through - no matter how unloveable I may feel I am - It's my girlfriends who are there to share it all with me.

You OP2009ers are now my girlfriends, too. Thanks for sharing this journey with me :>
(OK, so I was a bit emotional today. I promise future postings will be more productive!)
Anne

2 comments:

  1. Hi, This is Joey B and I want to be a part of "bikini 2009" However, at my age it won't be a bikini. More like a one piece and the ability to get back into all the new clothes I bought when I had lost 60#s.
    Help, How do I join?

    Joey B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, This is Joey B and I want to be a part of your "bikini 2009" There will be no bikini but, I want to be able to wear all the new clothes I bought after I lost 60#s. Have gained 30#s back. Hope you all can keep me going.

    Joey B

    ReplyDelete