Sunday, January 11, 2009

Weekend's almost over...

Well, I've almost made it through the weekend....

Went to the party last night. I think I did OK. (You tell me so I know if I'm fooling myself.)
When I headed out I had 600 more cal I could eat for the day. I took a bottle of Diet Sprite. Each time I filled my glass only 1/2 way w/ wine and for the other 1/2 I'd add Diet Sprite.
For dinner I had a bowl of chicken chili. (pretty much shredded chicken w/ beans in a clear tom base.)
1 sm corn muffin (I'm pretty sure that's a mistake)
1 sm spoon of mc and cheese (OK, mistake #2 - that's my comfort food...)
Dessert was 2 bites ea of choc cake (no frosting) and strawberry cake w/ cream cheese frosting and 2 strawberries.
Wow! I wrote it in my food journal OK, but seeing it here makes it really seem like a lot! What do you think? Normally, I would have eaten 3 times as much as that...so did I do better or not?

Today has gone well. Had an orgasm w/ my lunch...I guess you'd like me to explain that.
I bought a couple of different kinds of sugarfree puddings yesterday at the groc. One was called Dulce con Leche (in Eng that translates to milk candy.) Thought I'd give it a try. Anything w/ the word candy is probably going to be good. Oh my God! I actually moaned as I ate it!!! 60 calories. baby! It is one of the best things I have EVER put in my mouth. (And that is quite a LONG list of things!) It actually tastes like butterscotch, but is the smoothest and sweetest I've ever tasted.
If someone had given it to me and told me is was sugar free, I'd have told them to kiss my ass. No way I would have believed them! Anyway, try it and let me know what you think.

I'll do OK the rest of the afternoon. Have plenty to do - laundry, grade papers, plan part of a unit...Damn! My life is exciting! I may be back later tonight. Sun nights I usually sit in front of the TV for awhile. May need to come talk instead of stuff my cute little cheeks! :>
Anne

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anne! Way to go on your performance last night! I DON'T think your fooling yourself. 600 extra calories in one day is not going to make or break you - that happens when you do it every day. You wanted to have a good time with your friends, and you did it while practicing moderation. This has to be a lifestyle change, and no one can live their life by being "good" (whatever that is) all the time. Now you know you can go to your party and have it be a victory. I'm proud of you!

    Where did you find that Dulce con Leche pudding? Sounds tasty - I love pudding!

    ReplyDelete