Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Take pride in the small victories...

Hey everyone. Well, I can honestly say that I have done very well over the past few days. I have had several small victories that I'd like to share.

Saturday- I knew we were going to Ted's for dinner, so I took it easy all day. I enjoyed myself at dinner with a bison burger with no bun, a lettuce wedge with blue cheese dressing (small amount), some squash casserole, and one glass of wine.

Sunday- I had two meetings at church. The first meeting I was staring down fresh Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I resisted. The next meeting I was surrounded by yummy homemade treats (sweet and savory). I resisted. I even made a yummy treat, and yes, I resisted.

Monday- Restocked Reese's cups and Hershey's miniatures for my students. They are in a basket in my cabinet. I have thought about eating one p'nut butter cup, but I take a sip of water instead.

Tuesday- I had a meeting after work today. Again, bad treats- chocolate, chips, etc. I opted for a Diet Coke instead. I even have a witness- Leigh. She even heard my stomach growl in the meeting!

Anyway, I am feeling really confident tonight. Now, whether I feel this way tomorrow is a different story, but for now, I am going to celebrate!

1 comment:

  1. I can definitley vouch for that stomach growl! :)

    I am so proud of you for your victories! You deserve to celebrate. Resisting those Reese's cups is amazing. When I was in the classroom I could only keep Jolly Ranchers in stock - they are the only candy I can't plow through. :)

    ReplyDelete