Friday, January 9, 2009

The weekend....God, help me!

Good evening :>

First, let me just get this out of the way. I do, in fact, know how to spell. With a total of 8 years of college under my belt (and a lot of other things!) I am quite a good speller actually. The problem is my brain works about 10 times faster that my fingers ever could and I can't figure out the spell check on this blog - as a result there will always be random letters or words left out of my posts. Let me apoligize for all my future posts that have errors! (Just think of them as mental clarity exercises...)



Anyway, I've reached the weekend and I'm scared shitless. I have had a great week. I'm proud of what I've accomplished. I've eaten and exercised while sticking to my three goals. The problem is that the weekend is when I traditionally undo all the hard work I've put in for the other 5 days of the week...I am SO DAMN busy all week that I'm exhausted on the weekend so I usually treat myself by drinking and eating WAY too much! I literally can undo in 48 hrs what I accomplished in 5 days! I may be posting all weekend just to not eat (It's safe because I haven't figured out a way to eat while typing :>)



Any tips or suggestions? Please don't tell me "treat yourself in other ways." I need concrete suggestions like: "Anne, get off your ass and ...", etc.

Ladies, I need your help more in the next 48 hours than I have yet...
Anne

1 comment:

  1. Ok.. I will not tell you treat your self in other ways.. I will tell you that you need to make healthy decisions and those sweets although are tasty..how will you feel after eating them? Not eating them, you will feel like "shit I really want one of those..but...".. if you eat it you will feel guilt and be pissed at yourself..so here is my advice - hoenstly. Pick your one or two favorite things and seriously get a sliver. That way you are not depriving yourself but you are also not going all out.

    On weekends when I know that I will have a lot of temptations I make sure to make my breakfast and lunch as healthy as possible and eat 0 point foods all day long until the BIG evening. You will feel pretty full (of lettuce, carrots, fruits, etc..) that when you do go eat the "bad" stuff you will fill up rather quickly. Pay attention and savor every bite of the bad stuff. Its nice to socialize while eating, but also don't get so invloved in the conversation that your plate is clean before you know it!

    Oh and really, enjoy a drink or two. Remember WW allows for 35 flexible points a week to do what you wish with. Although they'd love you to eat those 35 points in healthy foods, reality is food is good..so eat it (with moderation). :)

    You will kick ass, teach those sorority girls your new tricks and MAYBE next year it will not be all those goodies. Encourage them to bring fruits and vegetables, sandwich wraps, grilled chicken, turkey rolls, (chick fil chicken nuggets - really you can have like 6 of them for 4 points). There are a lot of great ways to make a party healthier.

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete