Wednesday, January 21, 2009

So I waited to Weigh..

I weighed on Monday. I am down two pounds. Which is good, but not good enough!! ha ha I'm only kidding. I know it takes time.

I wanted to be more regimented this week with my food and I'm taking ya'lls advice on warm lunches and I've been eating the Smart Ones meals. They are pretty good (not filling, but good). I have eaten the Salisbury Steak with mac n cheese (5 points and it has mac n cheeeeeeese my favorite), some pasts with brocolli (5 points) and today is turkey and mashed potatoes (4 points). I usually eat one of those with either string cheese or yogurt. By 4 pm Im hungry, and have been trying to eat an apple.

I found a new breakfast that I LOVE ( I can't eat the same thing everyday like Leigh!!). Use 1/2 cup of skim milk, put it in the microwave for 1:30. Then I put in 2 tsp of vanilla sugar free syrup, and two of the old fashioned shredded wheat biscuits (the vanilla syrup makes it sweet without sugar!). Its so yummy and is only 3 points. I usually eat it at about 7:15 and am full until about 11am. So I think thats pretty good!

My MIL made homemade beef stew and corn bread (and I mean cornbread, the good stuff with buttermilk and fat and yum yum) and we resisted yesterday because I had already put dinner in the crockpot. That was tough, her cornbread is like the best dessert you've ever had times a million. Its my super duper weakness and oh my gosh it is soo good and hot and crispy and yummy. Ok thats enough about how good it is. But I was tough and it was hard. I did make some yummy roasted potatoes last night. I used red potatoes cut up into chunks and tossed them with some olive oil and lipton's onion soup mix (the recipes on the back of the box, but I didn't use as much EVOO as the recipe called for). They were yummy!

Also, Betty Crocker (I think thats who makes it) makes a Low Fat Brownie, it is 3 points per serving (the serving is small like 32 g) but they are super good and I replace the oil in the recipe with applesauce (which probably lowers the points down to 2) and you can use egg white instead of egg (which lowers it even more)..but they are super good and with a 1/2 cup of Breyer's Fat Free Vanilla Ice cream (1 point!!!) its even yummier! Try that..you can make it at home, its not full or preservatives (or like other frozen ww desserts _ which are still good) but the whole family can enjoy (and my boys eat it up!).

I've been slacking on exercise. I felt a little "under the weather" yesterday and rested on the couch watching the biggest loser (and here i was the biggest loser for sitting on my @$$)... but I woke up with a horrible sore throat. Its a good reason to get all my water in today! hee hee!
Have a wonderful hump day!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I think you are doing fabulously...from what you've said, I think your body (and you) will be much happier with the results.

    I know what you mean about exercise. I absolutley hate it. I heard Oprah the other week say that if anyone ever said they loved to exercise, they were lieing! But, we DO have to do it. The only way I get it done is to walk in and immediately change and get on the treadmill...if I think about it, I WILL find some reason to not to do it...
    I'm proud of you! :>

    ReplyDelete