Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tough Questions

I was explaining Operation Bikini 2009 to someone today, and they asked

1) why was I trying to lose weight anyway?
2) didn't others hate me being part of it because I was already "skinny"?

I had an answer to the first question - I'm not trying to lose weight. If you read my first post you will see that I'm trying to work on my squishy muffin top. Maybe it doesn't look like much to others, but it bothers me, so I want to do something about it. And even though I am at my goal weight and have been for 7 years, I still struggle with making good choices in both the food and exercise department. I "only" lost 20 pounds, but I fought hard for each of those pounds. I can't eat whatever I want and not gain weight. I still measure my cereal and milk every morning, and I weigh out things like almonds when I eat them.

As for the second question, I didn't have an answer. I think of Operation Bikini as a place where we can discuss and share our obstacles and victories on the path to a healthy body and mind, a place where we cheer for and support one another. I feel like I am a contributing member in all aspects. I may be in a different place on the path, or maybe on another path entirely, but I still think we have the same big goal - to be healthier.

Anyway, that's my two cents. If I lived in a perfect bikini body, and kept it without trying, I wouldn't be here. I need it just as much as the next person. Weight loss isn't just about the changes you make to lose the weight, it is also about what you do to keep it off.

Okay, I'm off to my MIL's for dinner. She just called and said she's putting the cornbread on....

1 comment:

  1. We know your ass doesn't need to lose weight! hee hee! I appreciate having your knowledge about food and get great recipe ideas. Not to mention I know you work every freaking day to be where you are. I know many would say "whatever" but you eat so well every single day and I'm witness to it. Be lucky that you've never had a McDonald's cheeseburger, cause they are sooooo good :) so you aren't missing anything!

    We appreciate your posts!
    xoxo

    I hope MIL's was nice, I love cornbread..well I love carbs..any of them.

    ReplyDelete