Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Lunch, I apologize, and 1 sick bitch!

Hi all,
I am SO w/ you Leigh. Lunch doesn't stay w/ me unless it's warm. From your posts it seems you really limit your meats...is that on purpose? Protein makes me feel fuller longer. I'm w/ Leigh2 on the Smart Ones lunches. They are the bomb. I have a few favs and occassionally I get adventurous and start trying some new ones I haven't had. I try to stock up when someone has them on sale so I end up paying less than $2 a piece for them.
Another good recipe is WW black bean soup - only 3 pts per serving and SO tatsty! Find it at this link http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=99601
Also, Light Flat Out wraps are awesome. The co website has recipes for these as well - some of which are for warm dishes. They come in several yummy flavors. http://www.flatoutbread.com

I am SO glad to see Ann(no E!) and Leigh2 on OB2009 w/ us! Hopefully, a couple of others of you who have joined us will start posting, too, instead of lurking! :>

After reading the latest post I am ashamed of myself. I too had a bad day yesterday, but unlike you I did not come here. Instead I sat around and felt sorry for myself ALL day. Although the official start of my week is Tues I weighed my self Mon AM on that damn scale! (As I do EVERY day at least once...) I was only down 1 stupid pound! After white-knuckling all weekend I got 1 damn pound! I was ready to give up...and yet I didn't come to you my fellow OB 2009 Gerbils. I am sorry and will try to do better :<>

Anyway, this morning I weighed myself (of course!) and I am down a total of 2.5 pounds for week one! Not only did I stick to my goals - write it all down, exercise 4X 30 minutes each, keep to about 1500 cal or less - but I lost two point five pounds!!!!!! Yes, 2.5 - dos.cinco, baby!

Anyway, the whole dependence on the scale thing has been bothering me. I was talking to Leigh2 about it this morning and we made a pact to not weigh ourselves until next Tues morning...I must be a seriously ill person b/c it has bothered me all day that I won't be able to weigh myself tomorrow. I have to do this though. Not only did I promise, but we also pinkie sweared (I CAN"T break a pinkie swear!) I also can't continue to be one sick bitch! I deserve better than to depend on some damn machine to decide my worth!!! (Can you tell I'm pumping myself up? I sound like some dude...grrrrrrrrr!) The scale is my new goal this week - in addition to the other 3. (Right now I can't do more than that!)
Anyone, want to join us for a "weigh-free" week?

Anne

3 comments:

  1. I was wondering where you were! :) Remember, you can have many victories that aren't determined by the scale. You are doing a great job on making the changes you need to be a healthier you. We are always here for you whether you feel successful or not - and we will help you recognize all your successes!

    Thanks for the lunch tips - I will definitely check out that soup recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you for working out 4 times a week. It is so hard to make time for that!

    I do a warm lunch once a week, usually i will just warm up a smart ones, but i take fruit with me too because its still not filling to me!

    I want to try that recipe and I love wraps, a lot. I think I need stock in Taco Bell because they have many good foods that are wrapped, ha ha ha!!

    Congrats on your 2.5 pounds, VICTORY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will try next week to have a "weigh free week". I have to contemplate this one. The scale helps encourage me to make changes (or not) to help gauge what I'm doing.. maybe next week!!

    I like how it's good not to have the scale decide anyone's worth..but dang I'm so addicted to it!

    ReplyDelete