Monday, January 5, 2009

Introducing... Marie :)

I am new to this blogging thing, so don't judge! ha ha

Today starts day 1 of Operation Bikini.

I will start out by saying that last night at 10pm I got on my new Wii fit (I even got a pink cover to protect it..yay!). I was expecting the worse, however in the past year I have only gained about 6 pounds (from my Weight Watcher 60 pound loss). I was so excited, however being in the 150's is not anywhere near my ultimate weight goal. So on the wii fit after being told I was on the line between overweight and Obese (I seriously hate that word), and I did not cry at all. I tried Hula Hooping and it was fun!! I got some moves! My husband tried it out too - he does not like the balancing stuff, but I won't blog about his results (if he'd like to comment he can join us). We went to bed (after eating a few more pieces of white chocolate). I woke up this morning to a bright start. I had prepared most of my lunch the night before - I made a 97% fat free pastrami sandwich (with Nature's Own Light Wheat bread - 1 point for 2 slices) with no mayo (however I did put on a tablespoon of fat free zesty italian dression (0 points)). Sandwich total points = 2 points. I also had an apple (1 point) and yogurt (2 points). For breakfast I ate the reduced sugar oatmeal (2 points) and a container of no sugar added applesauce (1 point).

I have refilled my water bottle 5 times today (and I am even drinking water from the water fountain..amazing). Yay on water.

My plan for dinner tonight is the Ball Park Fat Free Hot Dog (1 point each) wrapped in a 1/2 a slice of the good fat sliced kraft american cheese (1 point) and a reduced fat kroger crescent roll (2 points). Not sure what to choose as a side. Naturally I want mac n cheese but I assure you I will make a better choice than that. The best thing to do is to eat some veggies. Maybe I will have enough points to eat an extra hot dog (hey its only one point!!!).

It's time for a snack. Be back later.

P.S. I'm so excited about working towards my bikini body. :)

Ok I am back and I decided to have two of the hot dog roll up things for a total of 8 points. I also had 1/4 cup of baked beans (1.5 points) and 1/4 green beans (0 points) and I splurged with 4 oz of Pepsi (1 point).

Thus far today having
Points Allowed = 23 per day
Breakfast : 3
Lunch: 5
Snacks: 0
Dinner: 10.5

Still available today: 4.5 hmmmm..wonder what I'll drink tonight? :)

I forgot to mention how I got here. In July of 2006 I went to a doctor's appointment and I was shocked when they told me that I weighed over 200 pounds.. I thought wtf are you serious? I cried for two hours ( I didnt even weigh 200 pounds when I gave birth to my son). Needless to say that began my new desire to want to live a healthy (and skinny one day) life. I've always been overweight since I can remember but the scale tells the truth. I enjoy all types of foods and to be honest I had no idea that I had gotten to that weight. I was shocked (I shouldnt have been considering I avoided shopping - which is something I LOVE to do and the fact that my size 16's were fitting like spandex.. I was in la la world I guess). So anyway, I went to a Weight Watcher's meeting with my sister in law. I thought that weight watchers was crazy. I use to see people measuring their food and reading labels and thought it seemed like too much work. And still to this day, it is a lot of work but after losing 60 pounds using weight watchers, the work is worth it. I achieved this loss less than a year. I measured and weighed everything I ate (and I mean everything). I have a ww scale that turns all my food into points (although I'm so use to the point system I can pretty much guess the points of almost any food). When I finally fit into a solid size 10 I stopped counting points. I have done very well at maintaining the weight, but the Thanksgiving/Christmas season took me out of control. I desire to be out of the double digits in clothes size. An 8 would be super nice. I did buy a dress at Target right before I got married in November and it was a small *I swear someone made a mistake in the pattern, but I'll take it!*

If you haven't found what works for you I am a strong opponent of weight watchers. If you have any questions for me about it (or food or whatever) I will answer anything. I truly believe that it works and promise that it worked for me.

If you'd like to use a points calculator (you need the calories, fat and dietary fiber of what you are eating), this is a great site to use (without having to pay for weight watchers itself): http://www.webmilhouse.com/pointcalc.php

If you want to know how many points you can have a day, email me. I don't want to be sued by WW for giving out their "recipe" over the internet. :)

In addition, don't forget to drink your water and get all your calcium and fruits and veggies in and take your multivitamin.

TTFN

3 comments:

  1. Help! This is Anne. I have never blogged in my life - don't even have a facebook acct!!!
    How do I get set up on here to blog w/ the bikini team?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So today, I thought, I REALLY need someone to hold me accountable on this weight loss journey that I am going to start. I do have the WW calculator and in the first week that I did it, I lost 4 pounds. I need to lose about 15-20. I would love to be where I was when I got married, a size 4/6, but I KNOW thats not gonna happen! Thank you "Marie" for taking this initiative and starting this! I look forward to seeing new ideas and your SUCCESS over the next several months. But in a bikini.... NOT HARDLY! (do you care if I forward this site onto others?)

    ReplyDelete