Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Baby Steps

Hello!!!!

Okay - first things first - I got on the scale this morning and it was 129. Hooray! It's amazing what one day with no adult beverages and no dessert will do. However, I fully expect my body to be back up a bit tomorrow. That's just how my body is - wacky.

Anyway, I met my goal of going to the gym today. Yay me! I did 12 minutes on the elliptical, core weights, and 25 minutes on the treadmill. That doesn't sound like a lot, but I go fast. 12 minutes on the elliptical burns 100 calories, and I went 4mph on the treadmill at a 4.5% incline. I had the best time working out to my iPod - I'm sure I looked like the biggest dork ever bopping my head to the music. But, I already know I'm not part of the cool crowd at the gym. :) So here is today's playlist:
  • Supermassive Black Hole by Muse
  • Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield
  • Bring Me to Life by Evanescence
  • Last Goodbye by Jeff Buckley
  • Hobo Humpin' Slobo Babe by Whale
  • Hey Man, Nice Shot by Filter

Now for food - if you continue reading this blog you will find out that I eat the same stuff over and over and over. Today's menu is like yesterday, except I had an apple in between lunch and afternoon cereal. Boring I know, but it works for me. I do want to elaborate a little on my dinner - egg sandwich. My favorite way to have an egg sandwich involves

  • a Thomas's 100 calorie English muffin, toasted
  • 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites cooked over hard with salt and pepper
  • 1 slice 2% cheese

Yum yum yum! If you are counting WW points the whole mess is only 4 points. It is so filling and so good for you. Eggs are super nutritious and the whites are packed with protein. You should totally try this!

To all out there who are actually reading this - thanks and good luck with your own Operation Bikini!

XOXOX

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!!
    About the gym - don't compare yourself to others...I learned that a long time ago. I used to feel like I was so much slower than others when I walked on the treadmill. Then I finally realized that my squatty 25" inseam meant I had to walk a lot faster to get the same distance as others. I'm actually working my ass off to go the same speed as others! OK, not literally or I wouldn't be on here but you get the point! :>

    My preferred music for working out is hiphop...apple bottom jeans - boots w/ the fur...but I digress. When I Olympics were on I kept hearing about Michael Phelps music to get him pumped but I never could find the play list...

    Marie got me on board - check out my post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sooo love apple bottom jeans..boots with the fuuur.. my son can break out with some booty shakin' to that song.. it makes me happy!

    I've been doing the wii fit and they have stupid ass music that I can't stand.. I should be my ipod on..if I coudl find it.. oen thing about a 4 yr old.. you can't find your own stuff.

    I would love to find Phelps play list..can I find him perhaps?? :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete