Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Working Saturday, blah

So I worked this morning bright and early. Before I left the house I had my usual oatmeal and applesauce. I prepared myself to feel full because I knew I was about to walk into carb heaven. When I arrived at work they had the meeting room full of delicious donuts, and other pastries, bagels, cream cheese, the good yogurt with the fruit on the bottom, SODAS (the ones full of sugar and calories), and oh did I mention a small tiny fruit bowl? I resisted, I walked in said hello and headed right back out the door (I grabbed a bottled water too).

When I got to my room to set up for the other team members, I put out my small bags of popcorn. As my teammates came in they joined in the healthy movement. We had a gigantic bowl of fruit salad, and carrots, celery, and hummus, turkey pepperoni, wheat crackers, chex mix. Now we did have a few treats: a coffee cake, cheesecake bars and cookies. I resisted :) I snacked on the fruit and veggies and thats it (totaling in at maybe 2 points, I will go up to two points because I didnt weigh it)! I am preparing myself for an evening out with friends at Applebee's. When I got home at 2:30 I made an egg sandwich (3 points). Thankfully Applebee's does have the weight watchers menu, however I am going to do my research online with the nutrtional information and see what other options I may have. I have the points to get many menu items (and I havent used any of my 35 flex points yet this week and I have until tomorrow to use them or lose them). By the way, yesterday I also prepared for a night out with my husband to celebrate our weight loss. I had 5 points at breakfast and had 0 point foods at lunch and then we had Chick Fil A ..and I got a good chick fil a sandwich and french fries and I stayed under my points and got almost all my fruits/veggies in for the day. I used every point yesterday..and thought for sure when I weighed today and got on my wii fit, I'd gain something.. NOPE... I am down a total of 7.5 pounds exactly since we began this Monday. (I am weighing myself before I go out to eat tonight..hee hee).

I am excited. I know my loss is a lot this week and know that next week it will slow down drastically, but I am ok with that. This loss has given me motivation to continue. I am 14.5 pounds away from my goal of 22 total. I can do this!

I love hearing from ya'll..keep the posts coming. We can do this! xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Marie,
    You did an amazing job at work! I know how hard it can be to have to sit there w/ all that food hanging around calling you, but you did it! You deserve a round of applause... clap,clap,clap,clap,clap,clap,clap,clap

    You have shown so much discipline this week. You inspire me...you've lost almost as much in 1 week as I hope to lose in a month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7.5 pounds - amazing! Remember also to continue to celebrate all those non-scale victories like making good food choices and exercising. I'm so proud of you for saying no to all of those danger foods at your meeting and eating fruits and veggies instead. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! I know how those meetings can be.

    I wanted to let you know that I am unable to post anything yet. Can you help me? I have blogged, and you can see it when you click on my picture. Somehow, I can't get it on here. Help!

    ReplyDelete