Monday, January 12, 2009

Hello to all!

OK. I'm here.
Kicking and screaming....but I am here.

I started out doing pretty well last week, cutting out the sugars and keeping calories down. I got a treadmill for an early Christmas present, and walked at least 40 minutes a day. Lost 4 pounds!! Unfortunately, my assumption that I can walk off more than I eat does not carry through my weekend binge - gained 1 1/2 pounds back Monday morning. hmmm....looks like I gotta rethink the exercise/diet ratio a bit.

We still have way too much candy/baked goods/temptations around the house from the holidays. I have convinced my husband to take as much as possible to his work, but he complains that the teachers there are all dieting, too. Must be a conspiracy. At least he is not losing more weight than me; that is always a dangerous path he avoids at all costs.

I lost 60 lbs. a couple years ago by a very strict low (none) carb diet, but have no interest in that type of regiment. (I also swore that I'd never put this weight back on...ha, ha). I plan on making sure the carbs that I do eat are the 'good' ones, and keep the calorie count to about 1400 - 1500. Much slower, but maybe the pounds won't come back on if I can stick to it better.
Gotta love mondays.

Ann

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard from you since Mon...How are you? :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are here!! YAY!!!! We welcome you!!!!!!!
    You did soo good at the beginning of the week..celebrate! I love your assumption that you can walk off more than you eat, ha wouldnt that be fantastic..we'd have to be like an olympic athlete to do that! it takes forever to walk off any calories. I hate looking down at the calorie burn after being on the treadmill for what I feel like is forever and only 4 mins has passed and i'll be lucky to burn the calories from the apple i ate! ha ha ha

    I am so envious of your 60 pound low (none) carb diet. I dont know how you did that. I cant do it, no way. Carbs are my favorite.. I could live off of those and forget fruits, veggies, meat..the rest.. pasta, potatoes, rice and BREAD are my best friend.

    How has your 1400-1500 calories a day intake been working?

    ReplyDelete