Friday, January 16, 2009

Introducing Jenna!

Sorry this took so long, but I couldn't figure out how to post! This is going to be super long, so I don’t mind if you skip it! If any of you know me, you know that I have a very interesting situation. I am Marie's sister and live in the Marshall Islands. I am going to give a little history on that before I start on my weight stuff. I live on an Army base called Kwajalein as a police officer, but work at the airport processing planes. Much like TSA, but not. We don't have cars here, which means I am always walking or riding my bike (and believe me, that bike is exercise out here with the winds!). So everywhere I go I am exercising. We don’t have restaurants either, unless you count Burger King, Subway, and a pizza place which I never eat at because BK is gross unless you have a terrible hangover and need something greasy, and Subway is questionable because the food just sits out with all the flies picking at it (also, the Marshallese workers aren’t very clean, so I rarely eat there even though I LOVE Subway). The pizza is a serious last resort, for the same reasons stated before, but also the pizza is just nasty. I eat three meals a day for free at the chow hall, which always has something to offer that is edible, but it is very hard to keep up with what I am eating since I did not make it myself.I do not think I am fat. I do, however, think that I am too thick in all places (except my big booty, I love it!). On the scale today I weighed 155lbs, and I am 5'5", which according to the BMI I am overweight. I have worn a size 10/11 jean since high school, but have gradually filled out. When I was in basic training and tech school for the Air Force, I was in the best shape of my life but still the same size. I do rollerblade to get some cardio, and I just bought a Wii. Rollerblading is fun, but hard out here because the wind blows so hard that it is more like doing sprints, and then I get so tired so fast that I can’t go more than a few miles. Once I can find a Wii Fit I will start doing that probably every day for a least a little while, until the wind dies and I can do real cardio. I would love to weigh fewer than 145, but my real goal is just to tone everything up, especially my arms and stomach. It is bikini season year-round here, and every Sunday is beach day. I think I look okay in a bathing suit, but I would like to be HOT!As for food...I live in basically a dorm, but have my own room and bathroom. We do not have kitchens, but there is one very small kitchen a couple buildings over that 700 people share... My fridge is about the size of two shoeboxes, and freezer can hold maybe one frozen dinner. So you see that there isn’t much room to store fresh food so I don’t. I am usually good at keeping what I eat at the chow hall maintained, but when there is something there that is just OMG delicious, I cant hold back (such as Mexican day, strawberry shortcake night, chocolate pie, and gyros). My breakfast is usually the same; two eggs scrambled with onions and hash browns if they got'em, or if I don’t have time to get there then I have an express oatmeal worth 200 calories. I also have a Monster Java every work day which is also 200 calories. Lunch and dinner are whatever they serve. I cut out all other caffeine, do not usually put cheese in anything except the occasional salad, and quit eating dinner rolls at all meals. I do drink quite a bit of beer once or twice a week, and I know I should cut that out but it is the only thing that keeps me sane on this island!I am hoping that this blog will give me more motivation to eat smaller portions. If any of you have any suggestions for someone who eats in a chow hall, then please do not hesitate. Thanks for stickin with me! Good luck everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment