Thursday, April 16, 2009

Boot Camp

Today was the first real day of Boot Camp! We actually met on Tuesday to get weighed and measured. My body fat was 27.1%. Yikes! Must get that number lower! But that is what Boot Camp is all about. The instructors were really nice and it definitely wasn't boring. There are about 20 of us so they divided us into 2 groups after we warmed up. One group started on the circuit training where you do each station for 1 minute then switch to the next station. We did things like lunges, boxing, holding the plank pose, situps, jump rope, etc. The other group started with a power walking/lunging/arm exercises with bands. We then switched so everyone got to try everything. I did not find the circuit part or the walking/lunging challenging, but it was super duper hard to do those arm exercises! I really really need a stronger upper body. Even though I didn't feel like I was challenged, I'm staring to feel a little stiff in the legs. We'll see if I'm paralyzed tomorrow - that will really tell me if this was a good workout!

Let me see if I have any good food stuff to share today.....well, these are old news but I just love love love Morningstar Farms veggie link sausages. You can learn more about them here: http://www.seeveggiesdifferently.com/product_detail.aspx?id=354
I eat them ALL the time.

I haven't had one of these in awhile, but I put one in my work fridge in case I felt shaky before going to Boot Camp. Zoic drinks have just 110 calories but with 21 grams of protein. Read about them here: http://www.zoicbev.com/ I have problems with hypoglycemia and protein really helps me out. If you try them go for the vanilla and serve VERY cold.

That's about all I have tonight. I'll let you know how bad I hurt tomorrow.

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment